Before getting a wine cellar constructed, there are certain points that one must keep in mind to avoid any mistakes that might lead you to expensive damage repairs.
Construction of the cellar shouldn’t be done poorly or with wrong materials, because it causes various damp issues, along with problems in maintaining the cellar’s condition to its required optimal level.
The temperature of a wine cellar should remain between 50 to 57 degrees, and the level of dampness between 50-75%.
If you have wide range of exclusive wines and can’t construct wine cellar bigger in size, you must a wine cabinet, which you can place in your kitchen to utilize the space well.
It would be better that you continue to read this article to gather more information on building a wine cellar where you can smartly place all of your exclusive wines at correct temperature.
So, follow some of the tips mentioned below for your kind consideration:
Wine Cellar Preparation
- While constructing a wine cellar, the room preparation is the first and the foremost step.
- Secondly, the room temperature should remain intact to maintain the taste and aroma of wines.
Point to consider: If room preparation is not done properly, it will become unmanageable to sustain your cellar condition in optimum range for your wine to age properly.
To indemnify the temperatures stays between 50 and 57 degrees and moisture level around 50-75%, install 6mm plastic as a vapor barrier on the warm side of your wine cellar walls.
- After the 6mm plastic installation, while using least R-13 insulation for the walls and R-30 for the ceiling.
- Thirdly, pick a green board that is resilient to dampness and dank, and can be coated with paint again, if required.
- Opt for wooden wine racks, as they are a good choice to install in a wine cellar, while getting it constructed.
- At present in various modern cellars wire racking is pre-installed to store bottles instead of wooden ones.
- Wood racks are better, because they it helps in keeping the temperature balanced and even.
- Furthermore, the design or wire racks will allow for air to flow around your wine bottles in better way.
- Do visit this site link to find out more details that could help you in building a better wine cellar for your home.