Selecting a right business phone system can be a confusing task with several brands and models available in the market. There are some of the simple steps that can help you to create a list of business phone systems that can suit your company.
1. Set a budget: Money is one of the major factors that help in deciding the type of phone system you want for the organization, especially for the businesses which are small with limited employees whereas large it managed service provider doesn’t have to worry about the budget.
It is vital to setup a budget and implements it. Some of the things that will be included in your budget are:
* Costs of cabling and installations
* Upgrades of handset and extensions for the staffs who handle large number of calls such as a receptionist of the firm
* Wireless OR wired phone sets
* For locations such as mines, farms or warehouses, wireless handsets are needed for mobile staff.
2. Consider features and durability of business phone systems: One of the fastest factors to consider while choosing a phone system is the list of features, functionality, and specialties of the phone system.
Every phone system has its own collections of features and capabilities, many of these features may mean nothing to you and some may appear overly technical. You just need to know which simple features you would like in the system.
This will help your phone system provider to guide you in a right direction according to your business needs. They will also provide several different systems to choose from. Remember that it’s just waste of money to pay for features which are of no use.
Some of the popular features on business phone systems are:
- Voicemail and voicemail inboxes
- Auto attendant
- VoIP capabilities
- Call recording
- Music when put on hold
- Both wireless handsets and headsets
- Conference calling
- Speed dialing
- Customer support after phone system installation